Our membership is classified across two groups – affiliates and professional members. When you first join you are an affiliate. As you progress your lifelong learning with us you become a professional member. Within our professional membership we have four categories and routes to each category is outlined in the below chart.
NB: Membership Categories are updated once a month, so categories may change up to 4 weeks after a qualification or designation has been awarded.
|Membership Category||Membership Title||Qualifying letters||Route to Membership Category|
|Fellow||Fellow of IOB||FIB||Admission through IOB Council (Bye-Law No 1, paragraph 4)|
|Licentiate||Licentiate of IOB||LIB||Holders of the following designations or qualifications; Certified Bank Director, Certified Investment Fund Director, Chartered Banker, Professional Banker, Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), Qualified Financial Adviser (QFA), LCOI, FCOI, CDPO, CFCPP, Any Level 9 programme completed with IOB, Bachelor of Financial Services, Joint Financial Services Diploma (retired programme), University Diploma in Financial Services.|
|Practitioner||Practitioner of IOB||PIB||Holders of the following qualifications or designations; Accredited Product Adviser (Loans), Accredited Product Adviser (Savings and Investments), Accredited Product Adviser (Pensions), Accredited Product Adviser (Life Assurance), Accredited Product Adviser (Consumer Credit), Accredited Product Adviser (Personal General Insurance), Accredited Product Adviser (Commercial General Insurance), Accredited Product Adviser (Private Medical Insurance), Accredited Product Adviser (Debt Management Services)|
|Associate||Any UCD award (through IOB), Membership of CPD Member scheme as a Grandfathered individual|
Your standout educator: IOB is a recognised college of University College Dublin, which is Ireland's largest university and ranked within the top 1% of higher education institutions in the world. A leading provider of applied education in financial services, we offer
more than 40 university accredited qualifications, taught by academics and leading industry experts
a wide range of online short sprint programmes, micro learning, along with tailored and curated content (from 2021).
We get you qualified: We offer 14 professional designations, including all the essential regulatory required designations to qualify you for roles in financial services.
We keep you qualified: Lifelong learning is essential to sustain a career and your professional designation. As Ireland's largest provider of continuing professional development, we keep you qualified.
Your essential career partner: Through our new digital, personalised learning experience platform available in early 2021, we empower you to explore your talent and potential. We fuel your personal growth and career trajectory.
Your professional community: Membership of your industry’s professional body, the largest professional membership community in Ireland, brings you into a community of like-minded people. Professionals from across financial services working in a similar specialism as you, dealing with similar challenges to those that you face. Through in-person events, digital events and forums you can hear key note speakers and share experiences, exchange knowledge, network, expanding your contacts and personal profile.
Included in your membership subscription at no additional cost (from 2021)
Access to a new suite of micro learning and curated learning content
Access to a minimum of four continuing professional development (CPD) events in addition to our suite of eCPD modules
Coming in February 2021 An exciting new Learner Experience Platform, which is a first in Irish education, and an IOB app personalised to your professional development needs. We will also be introducing EdQ, a world leading education credentialing platform built on blockchain technology. Find out more about these in the presentation and video below.
View the presentation
Watch the video
Please email [email protected] or telephone (0)1 6116500 with any queries.
IOB Corporate Membership Benefits
We understand that people are an organisation’s greatest resource. Through its wide range of applied education and lifelong learning programmes, IOB is your key partner in developing your talented staff. Ultimately, customers will have a better service experience from a competent, qualified and competent member of staff.
• Access to IOB’s full suite of accredited learning, taught by academics and leading industry experts, culminating in a UCD qualification • Develop with you training that is tailored to your organisation • Preferential rates for customised training • Access to Springboard, IFS Skillnet programmes • Facilitating in house Graduations
Financial services continues to change rapidly. We ensure your staff have access to education programmes that address future needs as business models change and prepare them for the jobs that have not yet been thought of. IOB helps build transferable skills for the individual and a more flexible workforce for your organisation.
• IOB’s unique new learning experience platform, available from February 2021, empowers your employees to explore their talent and potential. It helps them define a learning pathway to advance their career, giving them a visual representation of their professional development and career routes. • Your employees have access to a wide range of micro learning and short sprint programmes, along with tailored and curated content. • Free and discounted access to IOB masterclasses with experts • Corporate rate for IOB conferences • Breakfast briefings / lunch and learns • Access to the latest insights, thought leadership, emerging issues and trends • IOB host events on your premises around Ireland
Our education qualifications and professional designations and CPD schemes meet the Central Bank of Ireland's Minimum Competency Code and Fitness and Probity requirements.
• Our new EdQ credentialing platform, based on blockchain technology, available from January 2021, gives you real time access and supports you in efficiently meeting your regulatory responsibilities • EdQ, which is a world first in production, also provides banks and financial services organisations with an unalterable trusted source of validated learning credentials, including education qualifications, regulatory and other professional designations , micro credentials and continuing professional development (CPD) records. • Access to a fast-track APA intensive programme for your employees for compliance with the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code • Free accreditation of your inhouse training for CPD hours
IOB offers a range of professional designations which are a recognition of educational achievement and professional standing. They are a badge of excellence and endorsement of academic qualifications, professional knowledge and experience. Several of the designations are recognised worldwide.
An independent stamp of assurance that supports organisations in engaging, motivating and empowering their employees to learn and perform.
Build your network with a community of peers – learn from other leading organisations, share your knowledge and expertise. • Corporate networking • Invitations to in-person and virtual events and networking opportunities • Premier corporate events • Organisation visibility – your profile on IOB channels • Opportunity to be a key note speaker at IOB events
Other benefits for your organisation
• Nomination & Voting Rights for Governing Council • Seat on IOB Committees • Nominate your staff for IOB Fellowships
Coming in February 2021
• An exciting new Learner Experience Platform, which is a first in Irish education, and an IOB app personalised to your professional development needs. We will also be introducing EdQ, a world leading education credentialing platform built on blockchain technology. Find out more about these in the presentation and video below.
View the presentation
Watch the video
Please email [email protected] with any queries.
Professional Membership is hierarchical in nature and reflects the level of study a member has completed with IOB. It consists of four individual membership categories;
*Member may use the qualifying letters and are entitled to vote at AGMs.
Admission to be a Fellow of IOB requires the approval of Council and reflects the individuals high level of academic or professional qualifications, significant experience and a record of achievement in a financial institution.
The general rule of using your qualifying letters in your professional title is Academic Qualifications + Professional Membership Category + Professional Designations, e.g. Mary Murphy MA LIB Professional Banker QFA FCOI. Read more about Professional Membership Category qualifying letters.
All membership fees are due in January. By not renewing your membership you will not be able to register for any events and webinars offered to members throughout the year, therefore we strongly encourage everyone to pay their membership fee at the beginning of each calendar year.
Direct Debit is one of the safest and fastest ways of paying your fees. Payments are made automatically, invoices are never forgotten or delayed. If you would like to sign up to pay your membership or CPD fees by direct debit you can do so in the My Details section of My Institute. Fees are collected in full once yearly and you will receive a notification, by email, two weeks before any debit is made from your bank account.
While receipts are not issued, you will always receive notification of the date, and amount that would be debited from your bank account 17 days in advance of that transaction.
IOB have arrangements in place with some employers whereby we can invoice them directly for specified fees on behalf of members.
If we are unable to process your fees using this method (Company Invoice) it may be because we do not have an invoicing agreement with your employer, or they may not cover a specified fee on this agreement.
Please check with either our Customer Services team or your HR or Training and Development Departments to see if your fees are covered by Company Invoice.
We can of course, you simply phone our Customer Services team on 01 6116500 and they will amend your details. Alternatively, the simplest route to take would be to log on to My Institute and amend your personal details.
Please note that for change of name or date of birth require a copy of your passport, driving licence or marriage cert and this can be emailed to [email protected].