About this data protection notice
This is a statement of the practices of The Institute of Bankers in Ireland, 1 North Wall Quay, North Dock, Dublin 1 (trading as The Institute of Banking) (‘the Institute’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) in connection with the capture of personal data on this webform and the steps taken by the Institute to respect your privacy.
The Institute is a Data Controller and is committed to protecting your rights and any personal information which you provide to the Institute will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with Irish and European Data Protection legislation.
The privacy notice explains the following:
- What information do we collect about you?
- The purpose for collecting your personal data
- The legal bases for collecting your personal data
- Are you required to provide the information?
- How we store and secure personal data?
- Details of third parties with whom we share personal data
- What are your rights?
What information do we collect about you?
The data we collect from you will be used by the Institute only in accordance with the purposes outlined in this privacy notice. We will collect your data via webform on www.iob.ie.
The data collected in this webform will be shared with the following areas of the Institute:
- Programme Management Department
- Marketing Department
The purpose for collecting your data
The data we collect about you will be used for:
- providing information on the programme(s) for which you have completed an expression of interest webform;
- notifying you of promotional events related to this programme or programmes e.g. Programme Taster Lectures, The Institute of Banking Open Evening; and
- advising you of upcoming application and registration closing dates for this programme or programmes.
The legal basis for collecting your data
For the purposes outlined in this privacy notice your personal data will be processed on the basis of Explicit Consent.
By ticking the box above you confirm that you are providing your informed consent to the processing of your data.
Are you required to provide the information?
We require you to complete the mandatory fields identified in this webform for the purposes outlined above. If you do not provide us with the information required in these fields, we may be unable to process this Expression of Interest form.
How we store and secure your data
Any data we collect from you will be stored confidentially and securely. The Institute is committed to ensuring all accesses to, uses of, and processing of Institute data is performed in a secure manner.
In keeping with the data protection principles, we will only store your data for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you and for such a period of time after this as is necessary to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that may arise in connection with our relationship with you.
For the purposes described here we will store your data for one calendar year from the date you submit the webform. Before the end of this calendar year, we will contact you to ask if you wish to re-confirm your consent to the storing and processing of your data for the purposes outlined above.
When we store your personal data on our systems the data will be stored on the Institute’s secure I.T. platforms within the EEA which are also subject to European data protection requirements.
Details of third parties with whom we share personal data
The Institute will share your data with third parties where necessary for purposes of the processing outlined here.
We will share your information with our service providers (e.g. printers, I.T. support, auditors, legal advisors, and other professional advisors).
We may also disclose your information where required by law to do so.
Your information will not be shared with any other third parties.
When we share your data with the third parties outlined here the Institute will ensure that the data is only processed according to our specific instructions and that the same standards of confidentiality and security are maintained. Once the processing of the data is complete any third parties with whom data was shared will be required to return the data to the Institute save where they are required to retain it by law.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to applicable exemptions:
- You are entitled to ask for a copy of the personal data, which The Institute of Banking holds about you.
- The right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data amended.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to have the personal data that we hold about you erased.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you have any queries relating to the processing of your personal data for the purposes outlined above or you wish to make a request in relation to your rights you can contact the Institute’s Data Protection Officer using the contact details below.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed you may in the first instance contact the Institute’s Data Protection Officer using the contact details below.
The Institute of Banking has a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted through [email protected] or by writing to:
The Data Protection Officer, The Institute of Banking, IFSC, 1 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1.
If you remain dissatisfied then you have the right to apply directly to the Data Protection Commission for a decision. The Data Protection Commission can be contacted at:
Data Protection Commission
R32 AP23 Co. Laois
The Institute of Bankers in Ireland (a company limited by guarantee)trading as The Institute of Banking
Registered Number: 197171
Registered Charitable Organisation
Charity Registration Number: 20026950
CHY Number: 10530
P: +353 (0)1 6116500
F: +353 (0)1 6116565
E: [email protected]
Terms and conditions